Monday, July 23, 2012

{Inspiration Board} Nautical Theme

Are you ready for some major sea worthy inspiration?! It's about time that I put together a fun inspiration board and when two people I know are doing a nautical theme wedding I figured I would round up some ideas. One of them is thinking about combining pink or blush with navy, which is such a nice combo that has many options. Whether you are having your wedding at the beach, yacht club, backyard, ballroom or restaurant or your style is elegant, preppy, bohemian, or classic I'm sure you'll like something on this board! What's your favorite?

Ceremony Ideas
Consider using ribbon, or monkey knots for aisle markers, maybe even shells or buoys instead of flowers for your ceremony. I loved this idea my friend shared of doing handmade fly fishing wedding boutonnieres for those guys that love to fish!
 How about a boat for containing all your drinks?
 Adorable bridesmaids gift idea!
 Write Mr. & Mrs. in twine?
The south is known for their delicious oysters and there are plenty of free empty shells for you to get your hands on. Why not use them as decor throughout your wedding. If you are crafty, try building one of these oyster shell chandeliers!! 
Last but not least, my favoriteguests were treated to a monogrammed jar of lifesavers, and a donation in their name to save lives through clean water projects in Africa. Love gifts that give!
~
This theme is also great for house parties, bridal showers, baby showers, or birthday parties too.
So many places you can go with it - LOVE IT ALL!

1 comments

Thanks for visiting my blog! Have a wonderful day :)