Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Birds, They're Like, So Hot Right Now!



Ever since Paris Hilton coined the phrase, "like, they're so hot" my friend and I have had an inside joke about birds and how "so hot they are right now". But on a serious note, the bird theme style is still very popular and seems to be everywhere! Even in my home I have pillows from Pier 1 Imports and SCAD's Working Class Studio that have birds on them. There are so many great ideas of how to incorporate birds into your baby or bridal shower like in image 3 by making adorable bird tags and attaching them to your Rice Krispie treat pops or cupcakes like in image 4 with the robins blue M&Ms. Or you could have a wedding at a Botanical Garden and create a bird theme for your tables and centerpieces. If you go onto etsy.com and type "birds" you will come up with 208,956 items and over 6,000 in weddings including the cake toppers in image 6!! I could create a collage with many more bird inspired ideas, but these 7 were the ones that caught my eye. I mean come on, in image 1 the "love birds" words are covered in bird seed, how cool is that!? Even Zooey Deschanel loves birds and had beautifully crafted letterpress invitations made for her wedding with birds on them. Although in the movie Failure to Launch I always laugh when I think about Zooey's character, Kit who almost bought a large gun to shoot a mockingbird that keeps her up all night. Such a funny movie! So, if you are planning a baby or bridal shower, wedding, or special event and you need help creating your bird theme, give me a ring. I CAN HELP!! : ) I'm obsessed with Srabble, Birds, and Button themes. Well anything retro, vintage, or rustic chic with a contemporary flair.

0 comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Have a wonderful day :)